Please make sure you follow our blog! Click the "join this site" button below.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I CARE Materials

Last week we sent home August's I CARE materials. This is a new program that our county has adopted to help promote the home-school connection. Several parents have informed me that some materials may have been missing from the packet that you received. I just want to thank you for already working on these activities and apologize if you did not receive everything that you needed this month. I think September will run much more smoothly now that we know a little more about the program and what we are doing.

By the way, the trait for this month was school pride. We read a story in class and discussed what it means to have school pride. Most of our class best understood this concept when we compared it to having pride in our country. They were able to make the connection that we often show our pride in the way that we dress (such as patriotic colors or school colors with our uniforms). We completed a short class activity that encouraged students to show their school pride by coloring and labeling a model of their school.

Please let me know if I can provide any assistance with the I CARE program. I am really confident that next month you will get everything that you need to complete the home portion of the program. Thanks for all that you do to support us at school!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think. Remember to always use a capital letter at the beginning of your sentence and punctuation at the end. (We are learning to do this in all of our classroom writing, too!)